- Powerful questioning –
When things aren’t going according to plan (something isn’t available you thought would be, or people pull out of your project etc) ask yourself:
– What could be great about this?
– What else is great about this?
Or you might even ask:
How could I be grateful that this has happened?
- Life wheels/NLP techniques
- Perfect –v- Good Enough exercise (2 columns and list in one column the perfect scenario and in the other what would be good enough.
- Chunking down into bench marks: (breaking down step 1/2/3/4/5)
- Be in the right state – for the right situation Ask ourselves, how do I need to show up? What is my attitude going into this conversation/situation? Take time out to rethink, re-energize before having the conversation. Different states give us different outcomes.
- Change our language around the words we use ie. Confrontation change to Discussion:
- When scared change to learning something new
- What is my intention (setting the intention is very important)
- Breathing techniques – 10 breaths, take a deep breath count to 10, breath all the way out, repeat counting down to 0:
- Breath in for 4, hold for 32 and then let out for 16 counts
- Breath in and out for 4, hold for 5 then breath in and out for 4.
- What are you tolerating? (Make a list and act on them)
- Morning Questions: What am I looking forward to today? What am I proud of? What will I accomplish today? Who do I love? Who loves me?
5 Step Self Coaching Process:
- Clarify your problem – What is happening that you don’t want?
- What do you want to achieve? – What is the ideal outcome you would like?
- Generate ideas and solutions – Brainstorm some ideas you could move forward with?
- What is the way forward? – What do you think will give you the best outcome?
- Take Action – What action will you commit to?
Life Wheel – click here to view