How to Thrive with an Empty Nest
First comes love, then comes marriage then comes children. But what happens when children grow up, discover their own world and move out? Listen in as we discuss the stages and feelings of letting go of our children, how to redefine who you are and create a fulfilling life.
Summary of Interview with Lyn Traill – Author of Sizzling at Seventy, Victim to Victorious
- The journey to happiness takes time and effort – “I often felt like I was walking through thick much and had heavy shoes”.
- “I did feel like I wanted to give up, but I just kept going.”
- Life is a journey!
- “I would think to myself – It’s jolly hard work – so I thought I’m going to make it the best I could.”
- “When the student is ready the teacher will appear.”
- Ontological Coaching is the interrelationship between Language, our emotions and moods and our body and how they all have a direct bearing on our actions.
- What effect are you having on other people? This is a great question to ask yourself. Look at the language you choose to use and your behaviors and the impact and effect it has on those around us.
- The old way is no longer acceptable. We are in a transition. It’s a very important time to be here.
- Don’t let the conjunction stop your function.
- Ditch the BUT!!!!
- Be open to what is out there for you.
- Be Authentic!!!!!
Sizzling at Seventy
Interview with Lyn Traill
The Coaches chat to Lyn Traill who is a successful author of children’s educational material, an executive coach, trainer and public speaker. She is also a mother of three and grandmother of four. She lives on the Gold Coast and her first book for adults is called ‘Sizzling at Seventy – Victim to Victorious’.