Specific – State exactly what you want to accomplish
Measurable – How will you evaluation how the goal has been met
Achievable – Is it realistic and do you have the ability to achieve the outcome
Relevant – How is it aligned with what you want
Time Bound – By when? Dates, deadlines and frequency
- Write your goals down which makes it ‘Real’
- Goals are moving away from pain and towards pleasure
- Small steps make up big goals! One bite at a time!
- Its important to clarify what you want? If you want to get fit what does that mean to you? Fast, strong, flexible, thin or athletic?
- Goals are about creating a ‘feeling’. Identify the feeling you want then identify what you need to do to feel that way.
- Put a date on your goals and allow enough time to complete them.
- Without a timeframe its only a wish
- Work with a Coach
- If you fail to plan you plan to fail
The Coaching model is the GROW Model –
Goal – What do you want?
Realty – What is happening now?
Options – What can you do?
Way Forward – How will you move forward?
How do we set goals and still stay in the present? Look around appreciate ‘what is’ but remember while enjoying the present, the future is ours to create.